Friday, November 20, 2009

Grüezi! All For the Last Time - The 11th Entry

Guten Abend alle!

Well, this is my last Switzerland entry and my last great adventure. Too bad I’ll forget all of this in five years - stupid memory. That’s why I took pictures!

What I’ll miss:

- My gremlins.
- Being so close to nature.
- The boats!
- Taking the train.
- Convenient and reliable transportation.
- Weight Watchers everything. Loved the ice cream (chocolate was the shit!), the brötchen, mayo, pudding, cervela, cheese, fondue, meats, snacks, etc. So nice not to have to add calories or nothing. I know I’m okay grabbing one of their products.
- Produce and food is cheaper here (except for eating out which I didn’t do).
- Always baking something.
- Aiden and Rafi never refusing to being my official food tasters.
- This one pan they got in Germany. I want this pan! I’ve cooked a whole chicken in it and my fried rice comes out perfect.
- Fondue and Raclette.
- Medicine that is affordable and it works.
- Going to IKEA for 1 CHF hot dogs.
- Did I mention my gremlins?
- The boys coming into my room with smiles on their faces.
- Watching them adding more and more words to their daily language.
- Going to Büsingen to go grocery shopping. It’s worth it for the drama over who is going to ride in the cart seat. Since its been Libby and I, problem solved, we get two carts.
- My German classes. I had a great teacher.
- And duh, of course Alain and Libby even though they are both retarded sometimes.
- The place we stayed at in Calabria, Italy. You can’t beat on the beach for a little over 100 CHF a week!
- The book stores in Basel.
- Shopping in St. Gallen.
- ALL the castles. CASTLES.
- My IC train. I had my spot after a while. Five minutes later, a guy comes by with a cart offering coffee.
- Montreux and Vevey.

So finally Libby and I found a really good Broki in Thayngen. It’s right behind the Bahnhof. We are having dinner Sunday with the neighbors again. Tomorrow night we are supposed to go out with Priska.

Wish me a safe flight Monday.

Rebekah.


pic 1: the fam


pic 2: Sarah and Omenn


pic 3: Liby (the neighbor) and the boys.


pic 4: living room fun


pic 5: living room fun 2

No comments:

Post a Comment