Monday, November 2, 2009

Grüezi! Happy Halloween - The 9th Entry


Well, I have come to my last month here in der Schweiz.

In my time here I have learned numerous lessons:

1. You're better off being alone. Its absolutely not worth being with someone. Its terrible to see that no one i know is truly happy and content in their relationships.

2. Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies/family even closer. Everyone back-stabs you in the end.

3. Always remember to smile. You'd be surprised how just saying thank you can make someones day.

4. In Europe, there is no such thing as three feet of personal space.

5. If you know where the Bahnhof is, you'll never get lost.

6. Beware of free candy.

7. Even the crazy people need someone to talk to.

8. Happiness is what you make it to be.

So I went to Basel last week, and enjoyed the art city of Switzerland. There are tons of movie houses, museums, shopping, art stores etc. But what i loved the most was all the book stores. Most of them second-hand. I love the way books smell.

I also returned to Luzern, after seeing an excellent exhibition at the art museum, i went shopping and head to the docks to catch my boat from Luzern to Brunnen. Lake Zurich is massive and the boat rode well into the night. Clear skies and an almost full moon made the journey enjoyable and yes, i was the only idiot sitting outside in the freezing cold.

Halloween, came and we carved a pumpkin and lit it outside. I had gotten some candy in hopes that we may receive some trick-o-treaters. Halloween is an American holiday so I was told that no one may show up. Only in the big cities, they celebrate Haloween. To my delight, we did get 2 groups of kids. A group of seven girls at 7pm and a group of teenagers near midnight. Those boys were so happy to get what was left of the candy. They heard me speak English so they kept saying, "Thank you!"

I baked four batches of cookies for Halloween. Earlier that day i started making my doughs, my infamous honey peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisen and orange sugar cookies. I gave all the chocolate chip cookies to Abi & Liby next door since I am not a fan of them.

Not many pics this week. Like I said in the beginning, the only pics I'm sharing are the one on the point-n-shoot. On my blog, i will be posting the pics from my pro-camera.

Rebekah


Pic 1: Halloween


Pic 2: Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment