Monday, March 12, 2012

Done & Donations


So the BEST part of this past Saturday (not including working) was that we got a HUGE donation!! A mom stopped by and dropped off 5 garbage bags full of JF & YA NEW BOOKS from her daughter! My coworker and I were as giddy as fan girls. So after we sorted through the bags, they filled a double book cart.


I had to take pictures!! Of course! I made sure we got the contact info down so that my superiors will  send the daughter a nice thank you letter. 

This chart was happily pushed by our Children's Librarian to her office this morning where she is now going through the books to see what will be put on our shelves.


Awesome! So wonderful! Thank you!

So the other news is that B1 is done! PHEW! I sent it off to my sister and a friend. I hope that they find the time to snuggle up with it and take notes, ready to give me an email/ear full of criticism. *glares at them* We all went to art school! We know how to critique!! :)

After that, I'm going on the hunt for a literary agent. So scary....so scary..... I rather take it and hide but I got this far, I'm not going to give up now. Another local library carries the literary agent guide in their reference section. I just have to find time to head down there and spend lots of time going through it. I don't quite know where to begin. And I hope all my my research pays off. I've never been good at selling myself - which is the goal of the query letter. So nervous, so nervous. Hrm, looking at my calendar now, in two weeks I'll be nearby for an appt. I will do it then.

Yeah, this one is kinda short and sweet. Just been busy with work and life. Next month I will be celebrating my one year wedding anniversary. I cannot believe I have been married for one year! A lot has happened this year. A lot.








No comments:

Post a Comment